Friday, September 19, 2008

Can't Say No

I thought maybe I could take a month or so off from running to give myself a nice long rest before getting ready for the Ultrasport which looms large only 5 months away now, but after just 10 days I'm itching to run again. And it's much more than just a casual itch to get out every now and then, but instead I feel renewed and wanting to run far and fast again.

I did a nice 11 mile trail run yesterday and by the end of the run I had made up my mind that I would jump right back into racing. And by this I don't mean next month or in a couple months, but rather next weekend.

Today though I woke up with a very sore throat and a looming sinus head cold which will likely force me to lay low for the next two or three days. I'm not sure yet if this means I won't race next weekend, this is something I'll decide on by early in the week. Ideally I would like to get out for a 25-30 miler on Sunday or Monday but this illness might not allow for that. I guess I'll just have to see how it progresses.

I really want to race next weekend though. I'm currently in a very indecisive and confused place in my mind and it would be really nice to have something in line that I could focus specifically on for the next week and hopefully I'd be able to use some of the time in this race to make some of the decisions that I currently need to make... Not to mention that I'd be stoked to get back out on trails in the mountains for another 20 hour jaunt next weekend. We'll see.