Friday, June 13, 2008

Moving Along

I'm in coasting mode now. I've got a week before the race start and I'm only 180 miles from the border. Considering that I rode 650 in the past week this is going to be really laid back for sure.

I did a really short day on Wednesday to let the worst of the storm pass through and then yesterday I rode almost 110 miles without hardly noticing that I was on the bike. That's a good place to be right now. Today I've covered about 50 miles and will start to look for a spot to camp for the night as soon as I get back on the road.

I ran into about 6 inches of new snow on top of Lost Trail Pass yesterday, luckily the plows had been out all morning clearing the roads so there was only a little bit of slush on the shoulders. Today the storm has broke and it's back to being windy with temperatures up near 70 degrees. It might get warm enough tomorrow that I can ride in shorts for the first time in almost 2 weeks.

That's all for now. I will post more from Whitefish in a few days. Including some actual thoughts about what I'm expecting to get out of this race.