Thursday, April 12, 2007

Happy 90th

Run 10 miles

Today would have been my Grandma's 90th birthday had she not passed away a few weeks ago. I always spoke with her on her birthday and it would have been nice to be able to do so today. I guess it's hard to avoid that helpless feeling when you lose someone close to you. That feeling of regret that you didn't get to speak with them one last time - to be sure they know just how much they have meant to you and how much you have learned from them. My Grandmother was an amazing women and I sure did miss not speaking with her today.

2 comments:

sara said...

My grandpa passed on last June... he would be 93 now... it took a car accident to slow him down because he was still on the ski slopes his last winter. I miss him a lot and talk to him when I'm on long drives...

Anonymous said...

We all missed speaking to Grandma on her 90th. I know exactly the feeling of regret that you didn't get to speak to her one last time - I feel the same way. I feel like I didn't get to say Good-bye. I agree she was an amazing and more than that she was an amazing and wonderful MOM and I miss her and love her very much.